Come to Waupun to see one of the highest concentrations of public art per capita in the United States, thanks to one remarkable pioneer (Clarence Shaler) and the rich cultural inheritance left behind. The City of Sculpture proudly displays this timeless legacy for your viewing pleasure with eight beautiful sculptures placed within historic downtown and the surrounding area.
Take a self-guided tour and enjoy the beauty in Waupun and all around the Lake Winnebago Region. See names of sculptures and locations below:
- Dawn of Day (In front of Historic City Hall, 201 E. Main Street)
- The End of the Trail (Shaler Park, 400 N. Madison Street)
- The Citadel (In front of Waupun Heritage Museum, 22 S. Madison Street)
- Recording Angel (Central part of Forest Mound Cemetery on N. Madison Street)
- Who Sows Believes in God (Waupun Memorial Hospital, 620 W. Brown Street)
- The Pioneers (Wilcox Park, 404 S. Watertown Street)
- Doe & Fawn (Rock River Country Club Entrance, 700 County Park Road)
- Morning of Life (Union Cemetery, 1/2 mile west of Hwy Q and X intersection – 10 miles northwest of Waupun)
For more information on the history of these sculptures, please click here.
Check out the Downtown Fond du Lac Utility Box Art! Scroll to the bottom of the page to print the Hint List (list of clues) at home or pick up a copy at any of the following locations, Tuesday – Friday, May 28th – 31st during normal business hours:
- Destination Lake Winnebago Region Visitor Center (23 S. Main Street, Fond du Lac)
- Downtown Fond du Lac Partnership (131 S. Main Street, Fond du Lac)
- Annie’s Fountain City Cafe (72 S. Main Street, Fond du Lac)
- Gallery & Frame Shop (94 S. Main Street, Fond du Lac)
- Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts (51 Sheboygan Street, Fond du Lac)
Join the scavenger hunt and see if you can find all 15 utility box art installations throughout Downtown Fond du Lac. Get together with your family and friends to figure out the riddles to find the next one! If you’re having trouble, check out the webpage, here.
Return your completed entry form to the Art All Around Submission Box inside the Espresso Cafe, located inside the historic Hotel Retlaw by Monday, June 10th for your chance to win a Downtown Fond du Lac gift certificate. Five winners will be randomly chosen the week of Monday, June 10th.
SPECIAL NOTE – Please use caution when crossing city streets and obey all traffic signals.
US Bank parking lot (access from Sheboygan or Portland Street)
Macy Street Ramp (access from Macy Street, north from Division Street)
Click here for the Hint List w/ Entry Form – AAA2019 Downtown Art Scavenger Hunt with Entry Form
Join us in celebrating 51 years of this iconic Fine Arts & Crafts Fair! Walk through Lakeside Park and Oven Island along the shores of Lake Winnebago, as you browse the works from artists from all over the Midwest.
Come support the Fond du Lac Artists’ Association Scholarship Fund as well as give back to the art community. Shop from a variety of fine arts and “original-in-design” crafts including paintings, ceramics, jewelry, garden art and more. Bid high in the Silent Auction Pavilion and admire the works of the High School Scholarship recipients, beneficiaries of silent auction proceeds. Enjoy music and the children’s/youth art area with fun activities that will keep them busy all day. There will also be a chainsaw carver, face painters, music, and fun for the whole family.
Come help us celebrate the Grand Finale of the Art All Around Weekend!
Concessions will be provided by the Fond du Lac Noon Optimist Club and Downtown Market/Cafe (formerly Downtown Deli to Go).
Proceeds from the silent auction go toward the Fond du Lac Artists’ Scholarship Fund.
Presented by the Fond du Lac Artists’ Association