Come to Waupun to see one of the highest concentrations of public art per capita in the United States, thanks to one remarkable pioneer (Clarence Shaler) and the rich cultural inheritance left behind. The City of Sculpture proudly displays this timeless legacy for your viewing pleasure with eight beautiful sculptures placed within historic downtown and the surrounding area.
Take a self-guided tour and enjoy the beauty in Waupun and all around the Lake Winnebago Region. See names of sculptures and locations below:
- Dawn of Day (In front of Historic City Hall, 201 E. Main Street)
- The End of the Trail (Shaler Park, 400 N. Madison Street)
- The Citadel (In front of Waupun Heritage Museum, 22 S. Madison Street)
- Recording Angel (Central part of Forest Mound Cemetery on N. Madison Street)
- Who Sows Believes in God (Waupun Memorial Hospital, 620 W. Brown Street)
- The Pioneers (Wilcox Park, 404 S. Watertown Street)
- Doe & Fawn (Rock River Country Club Entrance, 700 County Park Road)
- Morning of Life (Union Cemetery, 1/2 mile west of Hwy Q and X intersection – 10 miles northwest of Waupun)
For more information on the history of these sculptures, please click here.
Presented by Waupun Fine Arts @ Waupun Public Library
Waupun’s Creative Exchange has three components: A local artist eclectic workshop in celebration and demonstration of their art on Saturday, June 1st, a silent auction to benefit REACH Waupun and Access 4 Recess in the Waupun Fine Art Gallery, and an exhibit of local art from June 1st to July 31st also in the Gallery at the library.
The public is invited to visit the Creative Exchange Fine Art and Craft Workshop/Open House from 10 am to 4 pm held in the large conference room at the Waupun Public Library on Saturday, June 1st from 10 am – 4 pm. Those who stop in to visit the workshop and silent auction on June 1st, can also participate in a drawing for the Gerri Buteyn poster print, “Neither Do They Reap”.
The public is invited to visit the Waupun Fine Art Gallery from June 1st to July 31st to bid on their choice of fine art or fine craft in the Silent Auction and to view the entire Artist Exhibit.