City of Sculpture Self-guided Tours
Come to Waupun to see one of the highest concentrations of public art per capita in the United States, thanks to one remarkable pioneer (Clarence Shaler) and the rich cultural inheritance left behind. The City of Sculpture proudly displays this timeless legacy for your viewing pleasure with eight beautiful sculptures placed within historic downtown and the surrounding area.
Take a self-guided tour and enjoy the beauty in Waupun and all around the Lake Winnebago Region. See names of sculptures and locations below:
- Dawn of Day (In front of Historic City Hall, 201 E. Main Street)
- The End of the Trail (Shaler Park, 400 N. Madison Street)
- The Citadel (In front of Waupun Heritage Museum, 22 S. Madison Street)
- Recording Angel (Central part of Forest Mound Cemetery on N. Madison Street)
- Who Sows Believes in God (Waupun Memorial Hospital, 620 W. Brown Street)
- The Pioneers (Wilcox Park, 404 S. Watertown Street)
- Doe & Fawn (Rock River Country Club Entrance, 700 County Park Road)
- Morning of Life (Union Cemetery, 1/2 mile west of Hwy Q and X intersection – 10 miles northwest of Waupun)
For more information on the history of these sculptures, please click here.